Smoked Brie with an Apricot preserve topping
This is an easy cook - but always impresses. Its ideal to share as nibbles while you are waiting for your main cook to rest.
A round Brie Cheese
1/2 cup Apricot Preserves
1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence, dry
18-25 Mins (As always cook times may vary a little)
- Light your Pit Barrel as normal
- Unwrap your Brie (Its best that you do this directly from the fridge and not room temp). Using a sharp knife remove the rind on the top.
- Place the brie on some foil. Roll up the sides so you have a ridge around the cheese so its contained once it gets soft.
- Spread the apricot preserve all over the top of the cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence over the apricot preserve.
- Set your Pit Barrel up with the grill grate and place in the french baguette along with the brie.
- Remove the baguette when its toasted. We prefer it warmer and softer for this dish - so try not to over toast.
- The brie is done when it starts to bubble and the sides start to brown - normally between 18 and 25 minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy !
- Chris Tankard